Monday, August 20, 2012

Finally a Real Runner


August 12, 2011

          Today, I DID IT!!!! I am finally a runner. I ran my entire route this morning without walking or stopping even once. It has taken me a while to get here, but I made it. Woot woot! I am so excited and I feel like I can finally call myself a runner.

Even though I move at a snail’s pace and I think walkers could probably pass me, I feel great about this! I still have terrible form and sort of shuffle rather than run, but I am getting better and FINALLY starting to lose weight. Just 8 lbs, but losing 8 lbs has never felt so gratifying to me.

So, as a reward for becoming a runner and for losing 8 lbs, I am subscribing to Runner’s World magazine. I love that this magazine does not cater to only one type of runner. I think both beginners and experts can learn something from every issue. They have information on gear, techniques, diets, stories, race info, and all kinds of fun stuff! I can hardly wait to get my first issue with my name on it. I think maybe I’ll tell them my middle name is “a runner” so that it gets printed on the label. Think they’d mind?

No comments: